Small Business | Big Fraud (1 CPE)
How to approach and serve businesses with < 100 employees
SIMPLE. CONVENIENT. NOT BORING.
BE A BETTER FRAUD FIGHTER IN JUST 50 MINUTES.
Every large enterprise first started as a small business. From an idea to a prototype, starting operations in garages and later upgrading to warehouses, they all start small.
In the rewards and pains of building a small business, whether it grows big or stays small, the focus tends to first lean to making profit before ever dedicating resources on preventing the loss of profit, or in our case, fraud.
Some business owners may be ignorant to the risks of fraud, others accept the risk until they get the business going and then build in and bolt on protective controls. The reality however, is that too many in both scenarios don't do anything to prevent or detect fraud until it is too late.
To be able to prevent and detect fraud in a small business, you need to first understand the world of a small business owner, ensuring you are speaking their language, offering services that they actually need and want and serving your clients better than your competitors.
Whether fraud occurs from a trusted employee, a lack of segregation of duties, failure to implement simple and effective internal controls, these could all be prevented if we captured the attention of the business owner and helped them implement ahead of time.
In any sized business, detection is ideal but PREVENTION is a must, especially in small business.
Our goal with this course is to help you know how to approach small business owners and help implement proactive, preventative anti-fraud controls.
As with any of our courses, if you are not a better fraud fighter after taking this course, we will give you your money back and you can keep the CPE certificate.
Get started now!
CPE CREDIT ACCEPTED BY ACFE, IIA, AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL BODIES.
FIGHTING FRAUD IS FUN. NOW EARNING CPE IS TOO.
In just 50 minutes, we cover:
- Understand small business start up and operations
- Understand the "inherent vulnerabilities" of small business
- Apply tactics and strategies in preventing small business fraud
- Learn effective methods to approach small business owners
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Credits: (1.0) CPE
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Updated: April 2020
FIGHTING FRAUD IS FUN. NOW LEARNING ABOUT IT IS TOO.
TRAIN WHILE AT WORK OR WHILE ON THE TRAIN
As with any Fraud Not Frog course, you get:
- 24X7 full access to the course for as long as you like
- mobile friendly
- take at your own pace
- downloadable CPE certificate
- hassle-free, 30 day 100% money back guarantee and you can keep the course credit
Note: You have forever access to the course and can take it as much as you like but may only receive CPE credit one time after successfully passing the quiz.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
REAL TESTIMONIALS FROM REAL FRAUD FIGHTERS
"This was very insightful and evidently true-life experiences as a reality of it and key points to consider. User friendly super take aways , Great job! Thanks for the prop ;)! I say it all the time to this day, no matter what industry when it comes to operating and controlling the business aspects, the same with sales and so forth — inspect what you expect is an ongoing cycle. I will definitely share this training Matt!"
- Amelia T
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Hi I'm Matt. I love all things Cybersecurity and Anti-Fraud. Professionally, it's what I do. I also love helping others break into these awesome industries so please connect with me if you're considering a similar career. Both domains are so interrelated and dynamic yet the industries still have so much integration and collaboration to do. We're just getting started in this space.
Here are a few certifications I currently hold:
- CFE - Certified Fraud Examiner | Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- ITPM - Insider Threat Program Manager | Software Engineering Group | Carnegie Mellon University
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional | (ISC)2
- GIAC GSLC - Security Leadership Certification | SANS Institute
- GIAC GSEC - Security Essentials Certification | SANS Institute
- CRISC - Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control | ISACA
- CCSK- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge | Cloud Security Alliance
- ITILv3 - Information Technology Infrastructure Library | EXIN
Most of all, I love spending time with my family and being outdoors, away from technology and distractions.