Hi I'm Matt. I love all things Cybersecurity and Anti-Fraud. Professionally, it's what I do. I also love helping others break into these awesome industries so please connect with me if you're considering a similar career. Both domains are so interrelated and dynamic yet the industries still have so much integration and collaboration to do. We're just getting started in this space.
I was fortunate to break into both Cybersecurity and Anti-Fraud when it was next to impossible to get in. Everyone wanted someone with 3-5 years experience - How do you get experience if no one is willing to give you experience? It took applying to over 50 jobs before I got a call back (which ironically ended up being a wrong number), but nonetheless through networking and perseverance, I was hired as an intern, then a Security Consultant and then a Global Fraud examiner and the rest is history.
I've been blessed with amazing employers, teams and leaders to work with that have supported me on this journey. From implementing anti-fraud programs from scratch, consulting with small brick and mortars locally to advising Fortune 10, 20, 50, 100... businesses with fraud prevention and detection strategies, it's a fulfilling dream career. I have many to thank, but most importantly, my amazing, supportive family.
Although I am a certification junkie (see below if you care) and take pride in continuous improvement, I’m teachable and lucky enough to know that I don't know it all. I depend on the influence and guidance of many that are more expert in these fields.
Lastly, I am not afraid to fail nor admit my mistakes. It's how I grow and learn and how I have learned that others appreciate the real, imperfect me.
If anything in this intro struck a chord with you and you'd like to talk shop, have a pro-bono consultation call or just need help breaking into Cybersecurity or Anti-Fraud, please connect with me. I'd love to help however I can.
Here are a few certifications I currently hold:
- CFE - Certified Fraud Examiner | Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- ITPM - Insider Threat Program Manager | Software Engineering Group | Carnegie Mellon University
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional | (ISC)2
- GIAC GSLC - Security Leadership Certification | SANS Institute
- GIAC GSEC - Security Essentials Certification | SANS Institute
- CRISC - Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control | ISACA
- CCSK- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge | Cloud Security Alliance
- ITILv3 - Information Technology Infrastructure Library | EXIN
Most of all, I love spending time with my family and being outdoors, away from technology and distractions.