When I first started conducting interviews as a young investigator, I would get this nervous anxiety right before the interview. The funny thing is, it had nothing to do with the person I was interviewing or even the potential outcomes. Nope, the anxiety was me not feeling confident that I was bringing everything necessary with for the interview to be effective. There are only a few investigation mistakes worse than being in the middle of an interview and recognizing that you forgot something key to the interview.
Course Level: Beginner
CPE Credit: (1.0)
Description: Every fraud examiner and investigator has their toolkit (we call it a Go-bag) that they take to every interview. This toolkit is unique and likely one you've never heard of or read about.
- Preparing for the interview before the interview
- Critical preparation insights
- How checklists will help remove anxiety prior to the interview
- Building your toolkit to be more prepared for your future interviews
"This course on the Go-Bag was fantastic. Part 3 mentions an item (cost less than 1 buck) to help minimize distractions that I will consider adding to my Go-Bag. I encourage investigators in all types of fields and with all types of experience to take the time to make sure you are prepared for "the interview."
- Jeremy W.
"Just finished the course. It's great. The construction paper and tape point was really interesting!"
- Rupert, E.
Thank you Matt. The information provided was very helpful and emphasized the significance of keeping a well-stocked interviewer's "Go Bag". I will definitely recommend this course to colleagues.
- Monica J
Hi I'm Matt. I love all things Cybersecurity and Anti-Fraud. Professionally, it's what I do. I also love helping others break into these awesome industries so please connect with me if you're considering a similar career. Both domains are so interrelated and dynamic yet the industries still have so much integration and collaboration to do. We're just getting started in this space.
Here are a few certifications I currently hold:
- CFE - Certified Fraud Examiner | Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- ITPM - Insider Threat Program Manager | Software Engineering Group | Carnegie Mellon University
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional | (ISC)2
- GIAC GSLC - Security Leadership Certification | SANS Institute
- GIAC GSEC - Security Essentials Certification | SANS Institute
- CRISC - Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control | ISACA
- CCSK- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge | Cloud Security Alliance
- ITILv3 - Information Technology Infrastructure Library | EXIN
Most of all, I love spending time with my family and being outdoors, away from technology and distractions.